Olives & Pimentos – 1 jar… OZ…
Chickpeas – 1 cup cooked or 1 jar cooked… OZ….
Red Pepper – 1 medium size
Eggplant – 1 medium size
Parsley – 1/2 cup
Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Stick a knife through the eggplant and allow it to penetrate to the other side
- Place the red pepper and eggplant on a baking sheet and grill in the oven for 20 minutes on 200 degrees.
- Remove the eggplant and red pepper from the oven and allow to cool in a brown bag
- Allow it to cool for 1/2 hr.
- Remove the skin off the eggplant and red pepper
- Remove the seeds from the eggplants and red peppers
- Drain the chickpeas and olives and place in the food processor with the remaining ingredients; mix for 5 sec.
– Placing the grilled eggplant and red pepper in a closed brown bag for 5 minutes makes it easier to peal the skin off once cool
– eggplant seeds are often bitter; choose smaller eggplants or remove the seeds
Served with raw veggies, toasted Arabic bread or chips