In a recent conversation where a colleague made sweeping generalizations on what Arab women want, I
remembered a movie..”what women want” Mel Gibson takes us into the world of a PR agency that hires a women to unleash the secrets of marketing to women. I cannot speak for all women, what I can do is start my list and ask Arab women out there to contribute…
- an investment bank for women, run by women, that puts value on women’s ideas in the region, for the region.
- an Arab country where my children can live proud, vocal, secure, and peaceful,
- a Media that respects my values, pride in my heritage and lineage, my features, my traditional clothes, my modesty and lack of interest in looking 18 when I’m 42,
- a TV station that doesn’t assume I like trashy music videos, inconsequential series, and borrowed reality TV themes,
- a business culture that acknowledges local talent, run by professionals who believe the marketing slogans they put out and start living by them,
- a collective consciousness that appreciates our individual and collective potential as Arabs.. takes criticism with humility, celebrates our successes locally, regionally and globally,
- a society that sees the connection between excess and obesity, pollution and asthma, greed and heart ailment, emotional suppression and cancer,
- an outlook on non-working mothers as an asset .. an emotional comfort, the wise grandmothers, the nurturing mothers who provide the emotional foundation of our society,
- a memory of the way our grandparents and parents lived.. with less material possessions, and treasures of contentment,
- I want Google to stop advertising “girls in the UAE” ads when I browse the web!
many more.. and waiting to be inspired others out there..please pass it on. ..