As Ramadan approaches, we’re all thinking of ways to give. Charities and non-profits are looking for creative ways to reach out to the community. Here’s a 2 minute video example of an initiative that works in India and can be replicated in our region using local models.
here’s how your charity can replicate their success:
- Consider a campaign that builds on an existing food/beverage distribution network.
- Define your campaign objectives; keep it simple!
- Identify the people who’ll help you make it possible
- Create the message to reach them and get them on board
- Figure out your distribution channels
- Select communication channels where your supporters are likely to be (reach mass audiences of supporters through social media).
- Create simple content (photos, home-made videos) that have a high emotional value.
- Start small and watch it grow.
- Measure your success and report on it to your stakeholders.
- Be patient with your program. Watch it grow slowly, it will have a longer lasting impact.
For a regional example check out the Family Kitchen in Jordan
For more on Share My Dabba check out lighthouse insights