I come across charities regularly that are struggling with fundraising. Crowd-funding offers a good, and relatively easy way to get money online. You share your stories and needs with the world online and the crowd responds by sending you money to your account. There are some basic steps to follow:
- Locate an online crowd-funding platform that is suitable for you. I recommend Just Giving because they’re in the region and their site is easy to use. They need your registration paper, a bank statement and an application form. The folks are very easy to work with and responsive.
- Recruit a student from a local university who understands social media market.
- Get your volunteers to take good photos or a short video (1 min or less).
- Write a script describing your cause, your beneficiaries, the way you will use funds and share photos/videos.
- Post your script and photos on Justgiving.com and / or your site. (They have great how-to videos)
- Your intern can help you share your campaign content on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Linked-in, Pinterest, Instagram).
Here are a few sample campaigns that I think are cool:
Let me know if you require more support. @rchakaki (on twitter)